These are both high-performing drones with their own strengths and standout features.
The Mavic 3 Thermal, M3T, is an upgrade of the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced, M2EA. Though these drones may seem similar, there are adaptations that set them apart.
Continue reading to find out whether the Mavic 3 Thermal is worth the hype.
Similarities Between the DJI Mavic 3 Thermal and the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced
Before we dive into how these two drones differ, let’s take a look at their similarities. Because the M3T is an upgrade of the M2EA, they have a lot in common in terms of their functions, quality, and design. These are some factors that these two drones have in common:
- Professional operation functions. Both of these drones have a massive common purpose. They are both effective for professional use in fields such as firefighting, law enforcement, search and rescue, energy testing and inspections. The M2EA and M3T make the jobs of firefighters and law enforcement much easier.
- Sensor functions. Some of the sensor functions are similar. For example, both drones have the same thermal sensor resolution, which is 640 × 512p× at 30Hz. Another common sensor function is the video resolution of the drones, which is 4K 30fps.
Basic Specifications of Mavic 3 Thermal and Mavic 2 Enterprise
In the table below you will see the basic specs of these drones. This will show you the physical factors that make these drones differ:
|Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced||Mavic 3 Thermal|
|Camera||Wide and thermal||Wide, tele and thermal|
|Zoom||32 x digital zoom||56 x hybrid zoom|
|Maximum Speed||20 m/s||21 m/s|
|Maximum Flight Time||31 minutes||45 minutes|
|Maximum Transmission Distance||6km||8km|
|Maximum wind resistance||10 m/s||12 m/s|
|Obstacle avoidance||Forward, rear, or downward binocular. Left or singular vision, Up and down infrared function||Omnidirectional collision system and infrared sensor|
Through this table of specs, you can start to get a picture of how the M3T is the adaptation of the M2EA. You can keep these specs in mind as we further explore the differences between these drones.
When it comes to the performance capabilities of these drones, they are almost neck and neck. However, the newer model, M3T, has an upper hand when it comes to performance.
If you’re looking for a drone to use for professional operations, both drones perform this function but the Mavic 3 thermal is more advanced for this job. These are some reasons why the M3T is better equipped when it comes to performance:
- Faster to use. Although both drones are able to launch in under 60 seconds, the M3T is both lighter and smaller. This means that it’s able to pick up and go at a faster rate. In high-pressure situations, every second counts.
- Lasts longer. One of the main advantages of the M3T drone is that it lasts 14 minutes longer than the M2EA. Due to its operational time of 45 minutes, it’s a more productive option.
- Report more information faster. If this drone is being used for time-sensitive scenarios such as a search and rescue operation, the M3T is a better option, as you can gather more information in just one trip.
- Larger transmission range. Professionals using drones on the job are going to want to maximise the range in which they can travel. The M3T gives you an extra 2 km of transmission range, as you have a maximum transmission range of 8 km.
If you want faster, more reliable and more effective service from your drone, then The DJI Mavic 3 Thermal is the more suitable option.
As these drones are both from the DJI Mavic line, they both have very similar looks. They are both small, light, and foldable, which makes them extremely transportable. If you want specific design features on your drone, you can opt to add accessories to personalise either drone.
There is one feature that gives the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advance an edge over the Mavic 3 Thermal. Most DJI drones include the features of the spotlight, speaker, and RTK module. The M2EA has a spotlight, whereas the M3T doesn’t come equipped with one. This shouldn’t be a major concern of yours, as you can add this accessory to your M3T drone.
3. Camera and Sensor Quality
The imaging quality of the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced is a massive improvement from its former model, the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual. The M3T shares similar camera and sensor quality to the M2EA, as they both shoot 4k30p videos and use the same thermal sensors.
However, the M3T does have some key updates that improve its visual quality. One major advancement is its zoom ability, as it has a 56x hybrid zoom. It’s also equipped with three sensors, wide, tele and thermal sensors, whereas the M2EA only has two, wide and thermal sensors.
The M2EA is built for convenience, as it is easy to transport, it launches under 60 seconds, and its features are user-friendly. In terms of portability, both drones are small and easy to transport. The M3T is lighter and smaller, which makes it more advantageous in portability convenience.
<>The M3T is also more convenient at getting the job done, as it travels at a slightly higher speed than the M2EA, meaning it can cover more ground. It also has a stronger wind resistance, meaning it functions better in unfavourable weather conditions.
The Differences Between Mavic 3 Thermal and Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced
The release of the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced was revolutionary for the drone world. Its design and features have not only transformed the drone industry, but it has also made emergency workers’ jobs easier.
Ultimately, it’s fair to say that the Mavic 3 Thermal drone is a great upgrade to the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced, as it is more convenient, fast and easy to use, as well as it has an impeccable camera and thermal quality. You’re able to receive more data at a faster rate, which can help you to successfully and efficiently study your environment.