DJI AUTHORISED RETAIL STORE
Certified repairs centre
After sales Support
We Offer Custom Service and Maintenance Plans
Take every flight with confidence knowing your drone is kept in optimum flying condition
Get Your Drone Flying License
Whether you are flying as a hobbyist or commercially, let our experienced drone flying instructors help you take your drone to the sky’s with ease.
DJI ZENMUSE X5S
Get It Now, Pay Later
Free Delivery Nationwide
Collect Safely Instore
The DJI Zenmuse X5S is a 20.8MP Micro Four Thirds MFT camera and 3-axis gimbal for the DJI Inspire 2 drone. The camera is capable of capturing 5.2K 5280×2970 video at 30fps in 4.2Gbps RAW, and the MFT sensor in the camera is 8 times larger than the sensors used in the Phantom 2/3 and non-Pro/Raw Inspire 1 models.
The larger sensor provides many advantages such as improved dynamic range, low light performance, improved colour accuracy and increased megapixels. The DJI Zenmuse X5S MFT camera currently supports 8 lenses and comes with a fast wide-angle 15mm f/1.7 prime lens.
Lossless Cinema RAW 5.2K 5280×2970 recording at 30 fps
When mounted to the Inspire 2 drone, the DJI Zenmuse X5S camera can record lossless Cinema RAW videos at a massive maximum bitrate in either 5.2K, 4.2Gbps, 12-bit video at up to 29.97p; or Ultra High Definition (UHD) 4K, 3.6Gbps, 12bit video at up to 47.95p. The massive bitrates keep original data intact, giving you complete control to edit every single frame in post as a RAW file.
120 fps recording in 1920×1080 Full HD
The DJI Zenmuse X5S can also capture videos at fast frame rates of 120fps in Full HD. The faster frame rates will enable you to slow down recordings by up to 5 times without producing choppy/jumpy videos.
12.8 stops of dynamic range
The new X5S camera’s larger sensor provides a wide dynamic range of 12.8 stops. This means that the camera can record more shades of colours and will capture more detail in bright highlights and dark shadows before blowing colours out.
Exceptional low light performance
Exceptional low light video recording is made possible by the super-fast F/1.7 included lens and sensor light sensitivity of ISO 100-25600. This enables capturing low light scenes such as nightscapes with little to no noise
20.8-megapixel camera with RAW image capture
The X5S camera features a picture resolution of 20.8 megapixels and an amazing image ISO range of ISO 100 – 25600. The camera can also capture 12-bit RAW images for even greater image control during post-production.
3-axis stabilising gimbal
A new 3-axis gimbal stabilises the camera of the Zenmuse X5S. The new gimbal has been highly optimised to support the new camera and lens and has a pinpoint-precise motor rotation with a control accuracy of ±0.01° that is powered by a dedicated processor.
20 fps DNG RAW burst and lossless In-video photo capture
When used with a DJI CINESSD, the X5S can capture 20.8-megapixel DNG RAW stills at a fast continuous rate of 20 frames per second. When using only a microSD card, 20.8MP JPEG+DNG stills can be captured at 14fps. Stills can also be taken during video recording without stopping recording.
Micro four-thirds is a largely popular lens mount/type making several lens options available for the X5S. At the time of writing there is officially only 8 lenses supported by the camera and gimbal, but DJI, along with third-party lens companies is planning to make more supported lenses available. Additionally, the lens mount on the X5S is an Active MFT that supports autofocus. The official supported lenses (at time of writing) can be found below.
- DJI MFT 15mm/1.7 ASPH (With Balancing Ring and Lens Hood)
- Panasonic Lumix 15mm/1.7 (With Balancing Ring and Lens Hood)
- Panasonic Lumix 14-42mm/3.5-5.6 HD
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12mm/2.0 (With Balancing Ring)
- Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm/1.8 (With Balancing Ring)
- Olympus M.Zuiko 25mm/1.8
- Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm/1.8
- Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm/4.0-5.6
Register to receive an email when stock arrives.
Repair/Maintenance Care Plan
Drone Licencing Training Inquiry
DJI ZENMUSE X5S Product Inquiry
Same Day Delivery
Order before 9:00am and receive your parcel before 17:00 (JHB & PTA)
*If you order on Friday after 09:00am your parcel will be collected and delivered on Monday
Local Overnight (JHB & PTA)
Order before 13:00 and receive your parcel the next day
*If you order on Friday your parcel will be collected on Monday and delivered on Tuesday.
Order before 13:00. Turnaround delivery time 1-3 days
*No delivery services available on weekends. Parcels are collected on Mondays.
Collect Safely Instore
Pre order and collect safely from our store, and get to meet our aweseome drone team
Remotely operated hobby or toy aircraft and drone flying rules:
- • Do not, through act or omission, endanger the safety of any aircraft or person therein or any person or property through the negligent operation of any drone or remotely piloted aircraft, or model aircraft.
- • Fly or operate a drone or remotely piloted aircraft, toy or model aircraft 50 m or closer to:
- • any person or group of persons, on sports fields, road races, at schools or any social events.
- • any property without permission from the property owner.
Unless approved by the SACAA, do not fly or operate a drone, remotely piloted aircraft, toy or model aircraft:
- • near manned aircraft.
- • 10km or closer to an aerodrome which includes an airport, helipad or airfield.
- • a drone that weighs more than 7 kilograms (15.4 pounds), for which you don’t have a license.
- • in controlled airspace.
- • in restricted airspace.
- • in prohibited airspace.
Do not fly or operate a drone or remotely piloted aircraft, toy or model aircraft higher than (120m) 400 ft from the ground, unless approved by the Director of Civil Aviation of the SACAA.
General Basic Drone Flying Rules to which you must adhere:
- • You may not fly a drone within 10km of an airport.
- • You may not fly nearer than 50 metres from people, buildings or roads.
- • You may not fly a drone higher than 120m (400 feet).
- • ‘Hobby’ drones must be flown in within the line of sight.
- • Drones may not be flown at night.
Always fly your drone within your line of sight and below the highest obstacle in your vicinity.
For more information please see: